[Akron-Talk] chapter elections

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 14:44:01 UTC 2019

At our December meeting, per our Constitution, we will hold elections for three board positions, our Treasurer, Secretary and At-Large Board Member. These will be officer roles with two year terms and with high expectations for attendance and involvement. If you are interested in nominating somebody, or nominating yourself, your submission must be to me by December 1. Only members who are present may vote, and only names submitted by December 1 will be considered.

>From our Constitution:

Article IV: Officers

There shall be elected in even-numbered years (following the first odd-numbered year after Chapter formation), a President and Vice President. There shall be elected in odd-numbered years a Treasurer and a Secretary.

The duties of each officer shall be those ordinarily associated with that office and those requested and assigned by the President and/or the Board. The President and the Vice President must be blind.

Officers shall be elected by a majority vote of the active members who are present and voting at the December meeting of the Chapter. Elections shall be by voice vote, standing vote, show of hands, or roll call vote unless at least four-fifths of active members who are present and voting decide that a secret ballot shall be used. The terms of these officers shall begin at the close of the meeting in which they are elected and qualified. There shall be no proxy voting. If no nominee receives a majority vote on the first ballot, the name of the person receiving the fewest votes shall be dropped from the list of nominees, and a second ballot shall be taken. This procedure shall continue until one of the nominees has received a majority vote.

Article V: Board of Directors

The Board of Directors of this organization shall consist of the four (4) constitutional officers, and one (1) additional "at-large" Board Member. The at-large Board Member shall be elected in odd-numbered years at the same time and in the same manner as prescribed for the election of officers. (End)

Thank you, call me if any questions, otherwise see everyone soon.

Dave