[Akron-Talk] tax help and accessible forms

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 20 18:26:50 UTC 2020

It's Tax Time. Here are some organizations offering free tax preparation to area residents, the list being provided by our speaker at November's meeting. Most are trained volunteers, and most require you make an appointment.

United Way of Summit County
for workers from Summit households earning less than $60,000
1060 Kenmore Blvd. at its Financial Empowerment Center
Call to make an appointment at 330-685-9313

University of Akron
School of Accountancy
259 South Broadway, Room 106
Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
No appointment is needed but phone number is 330-972-7586

Community Action Akron Summit agency
They provide an Earned Income Tax Credit Program. For those meeting some age, income and child qualifications, they provide free tax prep at various locations including their office, the University of Akron (listed above), Kent State University, Barberton Park & Recreation Adult Division, DJFS. Call to make an appointment at 330-376-7730 or 866-861-6401.

Neighborhood Development Services
120 East Main Street in Ravenna
Call to make an appointment at 330-297-6400

United Way of Stark County
401 Market Avenue North, Suite 300 in Canton
Call to make an appointment at 330-491-9989

Massillon Rec Center
505 Erie Street North in Massillon
Call to make an appointment at 330-491-9989
(same number as United Way Stark)

Many city offices provide tax prep as well. You can also check OhioAttorneyGeneral.gov for free tax prep.

Here is the IRS web page to get accessible forms:
https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/accessible-irs-tax-products

I hope this info helps. If you need help with your tax prep this spring, look into one of these options.

-Dave