[Akron-Talk] Lions Club

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:58:02 UTC 2020

Last evening I was privileged to attend a dinner meeting of the Lakemore
Lions Club near Akron. The Club is four years old and last night they
inducted ten new members in front of several Lions dignitaries including
their International Director, their District Governor, several Zone Chairs
and leaders of several local clubs. I was able to share a bit about our
organization and our chapter during introductions, and more afterward one
on one with a good number of these Lions leaders. I spoke with two of their
club members who are legally blind and use assistive technology of one kind
or another, and we may soon see them at our meetings. Their District
Governor has offered to spread the word of our Chapter to the Lions clubs
in the area. I've already been asked to come speak to some of them. Lions
answered Helen Keller's call in 1925 that they serve the blind and
visually-impaired. I love their simple motto which is, We Serve. Thanks to
Justin Know of the Lakemore Lions for the invitation and what we all
believe will be a long-lasting partnership.

Dave Bertsch

President

Greater Akron Chapter