[Arizona-students] National Federation of the Blind CommentsonSaturday Night Live Segment

Brandon McGinty brandon.mcginty at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 19:29:13 UTC 2008

All,
I haven't watched the skit either, however, these are my thoughts, judging
from the list traffic...
We, as blind citizens, keep saying "treat us the same...give us the same
rights and responsibilities..."
I feel that as blind people, we have as much right to be made fun of, or
ridiculed, as any other person.
On Saturday Night Live, everyone, from large to small, black to white, to
orange skinned, is made fun of. We are just as deserving of this treatment
as everyone else.
We have to take the good with the bad, being able to get our own meals at
restaurants, and being able to take teasing and jokes at our expense.
Just my two cents.