[Arizona-students] Buy a Braille Coin and Support LiteracyforEveryone!

Allison (NFBA) nfbarizona at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 22:47:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

Not sure why the original message didn't appear in my forward.  I'll try
again.  The info you need should be below.

HTH,
Allison

      The holiday season is upon us-a time when we turn our focus, more than
any other part of the year, to giving.  This year, give a gift that really
counts-a future full of opportunity for a blind child!

      Today far too many blind children and adults in America are being
refused Braille instruction by both schools and rehabilitation agencies, and
many who are receiving a Braille education are given inadequate instruction.
There is a way you can help.

      When you purchase the Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver Dollar, not
only will you receive the first U.S. coin to feature readable, tactile
Braille, but $10 from the sale of each coin will also go to the National
Federation of the Blind's efforts to end this Braille literacy crisis.  That's
a gift anyone would be proud to give.

      But time is running out! You have just a few days left to purchase
this exceptional coin and leave your mark on this crisis.  Visit the U.S.
Mint's Web site or www.braille.org, or call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468) by
December 11, 2009, to give the gift of Braille literacy today.  The United
States Mint guarantees delivery by December 25, 2009, on any in-stock item,
anywhere in the United States on orders placed by December 7, 2009, for
standard delivery, and December 11, 2009, for express delivery.  Orders over
$300 will receive free expedited shipping.

      If you've already purchased the Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver
Dollar, consider making a matching gift to the "Braille Readers are Leaders"
campaign.  It is a great way to multiply the impact of your purchase.  We at
the National Federation of the Blind thank you for your devotion to America's
blind and wish you the happiest of holiday seasons!

      To learn more about the 2009 Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver Dollar,
the Braille literacy crisis, and the Braille Readers are Leaders campaign,
visit www.braille.org.

      National Federation of the Blind
      200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
      Baltimore, Maryland 21230
      (410) 659-9314    Fax (410) 659-5129

         The National Federation of the Blind meets the rigorous Standards
for Charity Accountability set forth by the BBB Wise Giving Alliance and is
Top-Rated by the American Institute of Philanthropy.

             Forward this message

      Change your email preferences