[Arizona-students] Scholarships, Articles, Networking and More!

Arizona Association of Blind Students nfbarizona at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 03:52:42 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone!

Have you heard about the Arizona Association of Blind Students (AABS)?  It's an exciting organization made up of blind/VI college and high school students from across the state!  We provide resources, support, and fun activities for all interested individuals.  A flier with more information, titled All About AABS, is attached to this message.

AABS is a division of the National Federation of the Blind of Arizona (NFBA).  Read on to learn more about our exciting programs!

* The NFBA offers scholarships to blind/low vision students!  I've attached the application to this message.  Scholarship applications are due by May 31 of this year.  Applicants must be attending a college or university in the fall of 2010.  All students living in Arizona may apply.  Please call the NFBA at 888-899-6322 if you have questions.

* Would you like to talk to other blind/VI students from Arizona?    Join the Arizona Association of Blind Students e-mail listserv.  Visit this link to learn more
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/arizona-students_nfbnet.org.

* Would you like to read articles by and about blind students?  Check out the latest issue of the Student Slate, a quarterly magazine created by the NFB's national student division.  This publication contains many tips and techniques for finding success as a blind high school or college student. The Spring 2010 issue of the Slate is attached to this message, or you can read it online at this link
http://www.nabslink.org/student_slate/student_slate.shtml.

* Do you love Facebook?  Would you like to network with other students?  Then visit the AABS Facebook page and join our group!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&ref=search&gid=151544119196.

* Are you a Twitter fan?  Follow the NFB of Arizona for the latest news on education, technology, legislation, social events, and more! Find us at this link
http://www.twitter.com/nfbarizona.

Thanks for reading about the Arizona Association of Blind Students.  We hope you find the above information helpful.  If you have questions, please feel free to e-mail us at nfbarizona at gmail.com or call toll-free 1-888-899-6322.

Sincerely,

Allison Hilliker
Vice President
National Federation of the Blind of Arizona;