[Arizona-students] Fw: Announcing a Unique Travel & Leadership Program forB/VI Youth

Allison Hilliker (NFBA) nfbarizona at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 03:02:07 UTC 2010

FYI,
Allison

----- Original Message -----
From: "Riccobono,Mark (by way of David Andrews <dandrews at visi.com>)"
<MRiccobono at nfb.org>
To: <david.andrews at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 7:46 PM
Subject: [Nfb-announce] Announcing a Unique Travel & Leadership Program
forB/VI Youth

Announcing a Unique Travel & Leadership Program for B/VI Youth

Do you know an exceptional student who would
benefit from a unique travel and leadership
program?  Nominate that student for the Global
Explorers Leading the Way program at
<http://www.globalexplorers.org/programs/forms/nominate/grandcanyon/>http://www.globalexplorers.org/programs/forms/nominate/grandcanyon/.
Developed in partnership with world-renowned
blind athlete Erik Weihenmayer, Leading the Way
brings together blind and sighted youth ages
14-21 for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure
combining leadership, science, culture, and
service.  Specifically, the program aims to achieve the following:

·       Provide unparalleled leadership skills by
learning about and practicing No Barriers Leadership.

·       Develop confidence, independence,
self-awareness, and curiosity about the world in participants.

·       Promote peer relationships am

--------- ong youth of different backgrounds and abilities.

·       Equip participants with the tools they
need to step up and make a difference in the world.

·       Prepare participants to act on the passions they discover.

·       Spread messages of hope by breaking down
barriers between those with and without disabilities.

Our summer 2011 Leading the Way destination is
one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World - the
majestic Grand Canyon!  To learn more or to
apply, please visit
<http://www.globalexplorers.org/>www.globalexplorers.org
and click "Leading the Way."  The application
deadline is Monday, November 15.  For more
information, please contact Laura at
<mailto:laura at globalexplorers.org>laura at globalexplorers.org or 877.627.1425.

Erik Weihenmayer, the Global Explorers Leading
the Way program joins blind, visually impaired,
and sighted individuals between the ages of 14
and 21 for the adventure of a lifetime. Leading
the Way integrates science, service, leadership,
and culture in a 3-phase program that includes
pre-travel preparatory curriculum, a
life-changing travel experience, and a follow-up
service leadership project.  Specifically, the
program aims to achieve the following:

·       Provide unparalleled leadership skills by
learning about and practicing No Barriers Leadership.

·       Develop confidence, independence,
self-awareness, and curiosity about the world in participants.

·       Promote peer relationships among youth of
different backgrounds and abilities.

·       Equip participants with the tools they
need to step up and make a difference in the world.

·       Prepare participants to act on the passions they discover.

·       Spread messages of hope by breaking down
barriers between those with and without disabilities.
Our summer 2011 destination is the majestic Grand
Canyon.  The application deadline is Monday, November 15.
Would you be willing to share information about
Leading the Way among your network?  If so, I can
provide you with an announcement for distribution
via e-mail.  I can also send you informational
fliers as an attachment or via snail
mail.  Braille and large print materials are available upon request.
Thank you so much for your time and
assistance!  I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Laura Portalupi
Leading the Way Fellow
Global Explorers
420 S. Howes St. Suite B300
Fort Collins, CO 80521
(office) 877.627.1425
(fax) 970.672.1073

<http://www.globalexplorers.org>www.globalexplorers.org
"This is a life-changing trip ... you will walk
away as a different person." -Leading the Way Rim to River Participant, 2010