[Arizona-students] Hello from the students division

Bryan Duarte bjduarte at asu.edu
Fri Dec 18 18:51:35 UTC 2015

Hello Arizona students and happy holidays from your students division. My name is Bryan Duarte and I am the secretary of the Arizona Association of Blind Students. I would like to first of all thank you all for supporting us as we work to improve support for all blind students. For everyone who is not familiar with the students division and what we do, we are a board elected by students in Arizona for students in Arizona. It is our mission and privilege to engage, enrich, and encourage students as they pursue their education. One way we do this is by recruiting students at any age to join us in our events, fund raisers, and opportunities for lobbying for blind rights at capital hill.

In January the National Federation will be gathering on Capital Hill in Washington DC for a week to make sure all state and house representatives are aware of who we are and what we need to have an equal opportunity for success in this country. I would personally like to invite you to join us if you are able or reach out to us any time to find out what you can do locally to push our mission forward. If anyone has any questions for the student division or would like to find out how to get involved with the work we are doing please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you and have a very Merry Christmas!

Go Devils!

Bryan Duarte
Software Engineering Graduate student
ASU Fulton Engineering College