[Arizona-Students] Job Opportunity: East Valley!

Allison Hilliker hillikera at gmail.com
Tue May 11 23:40:26 UTC 2021

Job Opportunity

Seeking Braille and Blindness Skills Tutor for Preschoolers.

Tempe, Southern and McClintock. Approximately 9 hours per week. Hourly pay
commensurate with experience.

We are parents homeschooling two partially-sighted little girls ages 3 and
5-years-old. We are seeking a creative and responsible role model to help
get our children excited about braille and alternative techniques. The
individual will be expected to prepare and implement learning activities for
the girls. Due to their young ages and high energy levels, most learning
will need to be done through projects and play, with only a small amount of
formal instruction. Sessions will be divided so that each girl gets some
one-and-one and group learning time.

Job Requirements

. Patient, creative, and reliable.

. Must be a fluent braille reader.

. Past experience working with children.

. Comfortable using assistive technology.

. Stamina to move around and keep up with small children.

Preferred Qualifications

. Associates degree or higher.

. Experienced cane user

. Familiarity with nonvisual independent living techniques.

To apply, please email your resume or a letter of interest to
jobs at blindaccessjournal.com <mailto:jobs at blindaccessjournal.com> .

Thank you!