[Arkabs] Introduction

Daryl Swinson daryl.swinson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 17:09:18 UTC 2013

Will do. :)

From: Arkabs [mailto:arkabs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of David Andrews
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2013 10:01 PM
To: Arkansas Association of Blind Students List
Subject: Re: [Arkabs] Introduction

There aren't many people here yet, so you may want to repeat in a few days.\

Dave

At 09:52 PM 11/30/2013, you wrote:

Greetings!

My name is Daryl Swinson. I am currently a History Instructor at Pulaski
Technical College in North Little Rock, AR. I teach World Civilization I &
II, and U.S. History To 1877 and U.S. History From 1877 courses. I have been
a database programmer in the past as well. I have a M.A. in History and a
B.S. in Computer Information Systems. I got my B.S while partially sighted
and my M.A. as more or less completely Blind. I have won two NFB national
scholarships.

My purpose in giving my credentials is to show y'all I've already walked the
path some of you may be on right now, or just setting out upon. I can give
tips on dealing with DSB, the VA, counselors, professors, and those at the
Disabled Student Services who are supposed to assist you in maximizing your
scholarly potential. Although, there were times that I felt like I was
succeeding despite their efforts and not because of them. If you have a
question on History, writing or research, I can help, too. My tech skills
are not up to date anymore, but I still recall a bit about things. I keep
fairly up to date on the latest tech gadgetry for the blind.

I look forward to watching this list grow and serve its members!

        Daryl Swinson.