[Art_beyond_sight_educators] Where The Blind work Acting/Performing Arts
newmanrl at cox.net
Sat Oct 31 06:10:10 UTC 2009
The NFB Where The Blind Work Needs acting (performing arts) Job Descriptions
We need job descriptions from any of you who are blind and are acting
on stage, in film or in ads. We need you to provide us with a
description of what acting is like, how you entered this profession
and how you do it. Your description will be added to the NFB's "Where
The Blind work," a new and ever growing resource of career
descriptions and how the blind compete within them. This is a great
resource to assist youth to plan for future employment and for the
adult who is looking to change jobs and/or careers.
Your description must follow the below five question format:
When completed please email them to me at
<mailto:newmanrl at cox.net>newmanrl at cox.net
(A * indicates a required field):
1. * Name, * Industry in which you work, * Job title, Address 1,
Address 2, City, State, Zip Code, Phone number, E-mail,
* 2. Please explain to us what any worker would do on this job
(specialized blindness alternatives will appear below).
* 3. Please tell us the cause of your blindness. Then, let us know
about the alternative methods and/or techniques you use to perform your job.
* 4. Please let us know of any required special training, education,
certificates, experience, etc. needed for this job.
* 5. Please tell us about anyone or anything that aided you to be successful.
(A joint project between the Jernigan Institute and the NFB Writers'
Division; for all people)
Visit the "Where The Blind Work" at-
More information about the Art_Beyond_Sight_Educators