[Art_beyond_sight_educators] Live Describe

Lisa Yayla Lisa.Yayla at statped.no
Thu Dec 10 09:28:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

Wikipedia has an Audio Description site. Link from Movies for the Blind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_description

on it is a link to Live Describe.com a site with freeware to create audio description to films etc.

http://www.livedescribe.com/

excerpt from Wikipedia

"Recently the Center for Learning Technology has launched a new free web based video description service at (http://www.livedescribe.com). Describers can download LiveDescribe, a free video description authoring tool and create video description for video files such as avi, mov and mp4. Once the descriptions are complete, the description can be uploaded with one click to livedescribe.com. Blind or low vision audience members can then download the descriptions and play them back with the LiveDescribe Player"

>From LiveDescribe site

"Welcome to the homepage of LiveDescribe, video description software designed, prototyped and developed at The Center for Learning Technology by developer Carmen Branje. LiveDescribe combines the massive power of a television studio with the economy of shareware software. Now the home user as well as the studio professional can add high quality descriptions to virtual any video source.

By browsing our community created video description, you can enjoy video description not available anywhere else. Due to copyright restrictions however, only the description audio is stored on our servers, meaning you must have a copy of the video you wish to have described. Each description will have a link to the original location of the video file, however please be aware, not all descriptions will have working links, meaning you may have to search for the video."

Regards,

Lisa