[Art_beyond_sight_educators] John Bramblitt, Dark Light film

fnugg at online.no fnugg at online.no
Fri Nov 19 11:07:36 UTC 2010

John Bramblitt, talks about art, blindness, books, really good.

http://topfineartphotos.com/photography-courses/blind-artist-john-bramblitt-the-art-of-living-gallery/

article

/Dark Light:
The Art of Blind Photographers/ Review

When I saw the title of this film, I thought it was a put-on. But the
existence of blind photographers is only the first revelation of Dark
Light: The Art of Blind Photographers, a 30-minute documentary short
that premieres on HBO2 tonight (Nov. 17) at 8:00 PM. Even more amazing
is that some of them---the three profiled here, for example, are
actually quite good

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2010/11/dark-light-the-art-of-blind-photographers-review.html

article

Six Remarkable Images from Blind Photographers
Wednesday November 17 at 8:00PM on HBO2 (see our review here
<http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2010/11/dark-light-the-art-of-blind-photographers-review.html>).
The three featured photographers are:

*Henry Butler*, the New Orleans jazz piano great, who has been blind
since infancy and photographs according to the vibrations he believes
everything gives off,

*Pete Eckert*, who lost his sight mid-life and uses a Braille meter to
create photographs based completely on mental images, and

*Bruce Hall*, an underwater photographer with severely limited eyesight,
who also extensively photographs his twin autistic sons.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2010/11/six-remarkable-images-from-blind-photographers.html