[Art_beyond_sight_educators] Call for Papers: Round Table conference 2010, May 23-25, Auckland, New Zealand
Lisa.Yayla at statped.no
Tue Nov 29 09:15:00 UTC 2011
The Round Table on Information Access for People with Print Disabilities<http://e-bility.com/roundtable> is a trans-Tasman organisation formed in 1981 to facilitate collaboration between organisations and individuals interested in information access issues. The Round Table comprises over 30 organisation members in Australia and New Zealand, including major accessible format producers, libraries, educators and consumer groups.
One of the major activities of the Round Table is an annual conference for information sharing and learning. For the first time in 2010, this conference will be held in Auckland, New Zealand.
When: 23-25 May 2010
Where: Heritage Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Call for Papers
The full Call for Papers is now available on the conference blog at: http://roundtable2010.wordpress.com/call-for-papers/
The theme for Round Table's Annual Conference in 2010 is Think Globally, Act Locally. The conference will consider:
* What are we achieving in the global context through international groups like the International Council on English Braille<http://www.iceb.org/>, the DAISY Consortium<http://daisy.org/>, the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions <http://www.ifla.org/en/lpd> and the Global Library initiative<http://www.daisy.org/projects/global-library/>?
* What local initiatives have been successful in our communities? How can these be expanded to other regions?
* What are the issues and opportunities for the print disability community in a world where publishing is moving beyond print?
* How are service organisations meeting the changing information access needs of individuals and diverse communities?
* How does access to information empower individuals to participate in society? Where are the biggest gaps in information access?
The theme will be explored through a mix of speakers, panel discussions and workshops.
Be part of Round Table 2010
* Sponsor part of the conference - email the Conference Convenor at mclunie at rnzfb.org.nz<mailto:mclunie at rnzfb.org.nz> for more information
* Be part of the Trade Exhibit - email the Conference Convenor at mclunie at rnzfb.org.nz<mailto:mclunie at rnzfb.org.nz> for more information
Attend conference as a delegate - join the Round Table mailing list<http://e-bility.com/roundtable/mailinglist.php> or keep an eye on the conference blog<http://roundtable2010.wordpress.com/> for more information as it becomes available.
-Scanned by Exchange Hosted Services-
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Second Call for Papers 2010 Round Table Conference.doc
Size: 65024 bytes
Desc: Second Call for Papers 2010 Round Table Conference.doc
More information about the Art_Beyond_Sight_Educators