[Art_beyond_sight_educators] Term - relief vs tactile

Lisa Yayla Lisa.Yayla at statped.no
Fri Jan 20 13:24:09 UTC 2012


Again I am calling to the collective knowledge and wisdom of this group. My question is about what to call a tactile graphic. Hmm, you think, strange question after all these years and shouldn't the questioner know better?

Ok, here are the questions - is the term "tactile graphic" better than the term "relief graphic" ? Is the term "haptic graphic" better than both? Or does it not make much difference?

By saying tactile one gives the idea that the graphic is to be touched, but saying relief, doesn't necessarily. Haptic perhaps gives the additional information that there should be movement to gain information - that is the hand should move over the graphic.

Like to hear what you think.



-Scanned by Exchange Hosted Services- 

More information about the Art_Beyond_Sight_Educators mailing list