[Art_beyond_sight_educators] News from Video Description Research & Development Center

Jennifer Justice jenjusti11 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:00:40 UTC 2012

Link to our recent blog post
Consumer Focus Groups Get Perspectives of Educators, Students, and Parents
http://www.vdrdc.org/blog/vdrdcconsumerfocusgroupsenlisttheperspectivesofeducatorsstudentsandparents

The VDRDC team is hard at work preparing two exciting consumer focus groups
to be held at the National Conventions of the NFB <http://www.nfb.org/> and
ACB <http://www.acb.org/> this July. Participant groups will be comprised
of teachers, blind students, and parents drawn from convention attendees.

*Scope of the VDRDC Focus Groups*

The programs of the NFB/ ACB focus groups will include demonstrations of
the software tools under development by VDRDC for the Described Video
Exchange (DVX) <http://www.vdrdc.org/technology/dvx> Project. Participants
will be exposed to different styles of descriptive content, including
extended, professionally- produced, and amateur description.

We are particularly interested in gathering consumer feedback on the DVX
tools and learning how we might improve them for use in the classroom and
other educational settings. We will ask participants to compare examples of
amateur video description with professionally- produced content.

The NFB focus group will be held on Sunday July 1st at 1:00 to 4:00pm. The
date and time of the ACB focus group is Tuesday July 10 from 2:45 to 5:45pm
Central.

The video clips for the VDRDC focus groups are produced by Audio Eyes,
LLC.<http://audioeyesllc.com/>

If you haven't already, we invite you to join our
Twitter<https://twitter.com/#%21/vdrdc>feed for up- to- the- minute
lab highlights at the conventions.