[Art_beyond_sight_educators] links

fnugg at online.no fnugg at online.no
Mon Jul 28 09:44:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am going through a back log of links and coming accross stories that I
think I have sent before, but am sending, just in case.

Regards,

Lisa

Creative visionaries: Asheville's Industries for the Blind brings art to
the mind's eye
http://mountainx.com/news/community-news/creative_visionaries_ashevilles_industries_for_the_blind_brings_art_to_the_/

story sent earlier,
Rocky River: Legally blind artist, 98, creates digital art
http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/310095/3/Rocky-River-Legally-blind-artist-98-creates-digital-art
Deaf and blind artist wins award
http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/10623118.Deaf_and_blind_artist_wins_award/

Blind Roanoke City student wins national art award
http://www.wsls.com/story/23233358/roanoke-city-middle-school-student

Legally blind teen draws amazing art by seeing past her disability

Lauren Mills is only 13 years old, but the legally blind teen has been
creating art for as long as she can remember.

Lauren has Nystagmus, a condition that causes involuntary, fast-paced
eye-movement. But the 9th grader at Peterson Seventh-Day Adventist
Academy is proving to be a shining inspiration to many who meet her and
see her paintings.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/legally-blind-teen-draws-amazing-art-by-seeing-past-her-disability

Sacramento's blind photographer honored by United Nations
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/10/01/5786507/sacramentos-blind-photographer.html

  At the Touch Art Fair, you feel your way

It's not just sighted people who can appreciate art. At the first event
of its kind in the UK, the exhibits are there to be touched

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/15/touch-art-fair-feel-exhibits-touched