[Art_beyond_sight_learning_tools] Shared Visions Art Exhibit & website clarification

Timothy O'Brien tim at timobrienphotos.com
Wed Feb 11 18:46:56 UTC 2009

1. from
http://www.timobrienphotos.com/2009/02/fyi-shared-visions-art-exhibit-2009-2010-call-for-entries/

The Southern California College of Optometry Eye Care
Center<http://www.sccoeyecare.com/news.html>has posted their call for
entries for their next annual Shared Visions Art
Exhibit. The show features work by blind artists. Andrew Bedo, a blind
photographer and fellow member of the Blind Photographers Flickr
group<http://www.flickr.com/groups/blind_photographers/>,
has three images featured in this year's exhibit. Here is the official
announcement with links to the application form.

The Eye Care Center at SCCO announces that the "Call for Artists" for *Shared
Visions Art Exhibit 2009-2010* has begun. As in the previous four shows,
this is a juried art exhibit in which all artworks have been created by
artists who are blind or legally blind. Works selected by the jury will be
exhibited in the Eye Care Center for a period of one year. Please click on
the links to receive the *"Call for
Artists<http://www.sccoeyecare.com/documents/CallforArtists09-10.pdf>
"* and the *Application
Packet<http://www.sccoeyecare.com/documents/SVArtistApplication09fillin.doc>
*to receive the needed entry detail information.

*The deadline for entries is Wednesday, May 13, 2009. *

I hope to submit something this year. If you are eligible, please submit
some of your work.
2. Some posted links to some of my web sites and some related flickr gorups.
Thanks! Here are some more details.

tim o'brien photos ( http://www.timobrienphotos.com/ ) is my site.  I share
mainly my thoughts on accessibility and photography. They overlap more than
you might expect. Large Print Ideas (http://largeprintideas.blogspot.com/)
was my accessibility blog, but I rolled it and my old photo blog, oberazzi,
into a new site when I moved to Wordpress.

Blind Photographers (http://www.flickr.com/groups/blind_photographers/) is
the group I start on flickr a few years ago. We have well over one hundred
members (125 as of this morning). The group is quite active and represents a
wide range of visual problems. We have a blog, Best of Blind Photographers (
http://bestofbp.blogspot.com/) to highlight some of the better images. Brian
Negus runs a sister group for Visually impaired photographers in the United
Kingdom (http://www.flickr.com/groups/vi-uk/).

Please join us on flickr!

Timothy O'Brien
www.timobrienphotos.com