[Art_beyond_sight_learning_tools] Touch Tour Development

Meliska, Elin MeliskaE at si.edu
Mon Mar 24 16:09:00 UTC 2014

Hello,

My name is Elin Meliska and I am developing a self-guided touch tour for blind and low vision visitors at the Smithsonian's National Postal Museum. I'm totally new at this and was hoping some seasoned pros could offer some help.

*Does anyone have experience writing visual descriptions of objects? If I have no experience doing this, is it better to utilize a professional or try myself guided by online resources?
*Has anyone heard of other successful self-guided touch tours?
*What is the best platform to deliver this content? I am debating between an iBook and booklet.

Thank you so much for your help. Any and all advice is much appreciated!

Elin