[Art_beyond_sight_learning_tools] Tactile Map of Neighborhood

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 16 07:16:25 UTC 2015

I am just about to move to a different part of my city, and am looking for
ways to learn some things about the neighborhood. In addition to physically
walking the streets with someone, I thought some kind of tactile map would
be an asset.

I am aware that any kind of tactile graphic is incredibly complex. In
addition to street locations, I would need to know about businesses. How do
I address that.

The other issue would be how to annotate this thing. Since I lack access to
any of the more expensive tools, I may simply use the Sensational BlackBoard
and a voice labeler. I have a blown up map that should do the trick.

Do any of you have other ideas on how to create a tactile neighborhood map?
Thanks.