[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] Dark Light: The Art of Blind Photographers - trailer

fnugg at online.no fnugg at online.no
Fri Nov 19 12:21:05 UTC 2010

  Dark Light: The Art of Blind Photographers

Sensory Input
"Let's face it," says Henry Butler. "Everything is just vibrations."
And by everything, he means just that---sound and heat, light and color.
A musician and photographer based in New Orleans, Butler pays close
attention to vibrations in order to do his work. "I want to know the
color scheme," he says, as his companion describes the scene around
them, "What nature is surrounding the objects that we may be looking at.
I want to know about distance. I want to know about sun." And he wants
to know the people. Interacting with them via his camera, Butler enjoys
the improvisation, as much a part of photography as the jazz piano he
likes to play. Sometimes, he admits, his subjects are surprised. "Yeah,"
he smiles at one man. "It's a blind man taking your picture."

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/133756-dark-light-the-art-of-blind-photographers/

abstract

Instant tactile-audio map: enabling access to digital maps for people
with visual impairment
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1639642.1639652&preflayout=flat

blog

Dark Light: The Art of Blind Photographers

http://www.edub9intl.com/edub9blog1/2010/11/dark-light-the-art-of-blind-photographers/

article

Dark Light: The Art of Blind Photographers

http://flavorwire.com/130717/dark-light-the-art-of-blind-photographers?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+flavorwire-rss+%28Flavorwire%29

film trailer
http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/dark-light-the-art-of-blind-photographers/index.html#/documentaries/dark-light-the-art-of-blind-photographers/video/trailer.html/eNrjcmbO0CzLTEnNd8xLzKksyUx2zs8rSa0oUc-PSYEJBSSmp-ol5qYyFzLnszECoXRiaUl+QU5ipW1JUWkqJyMjAG2-Fzg=

synopsis of
filmhttp://www.hbo.com/documentaries/dark-light-the-art-of-blind-photographers/index.html#/documentaries/dark-light-the-art-of-blind-photographers/synopsis.html