[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] Phoenix by Enabling Technologies

Lisa Yayla Lisa.Yayla at statped.no
Fri Dec 9 08:32:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

Have just learned about a new embosser- the Phoenix by Enabling Technologies. Probably old news for alot of you but there might be others that have not heard about it. Sounds really interesting. It has two embossing heads, one for text and one for graphics. The graphic head embosses up to 25 dpi. It has an accompaning software for editing both text and graphics. It is possible to download a demo version of the graphic editor.

I tried the graphics editor abit, very interesting. I think though for complicated graphics I would do a modification of the graphic before in Illustrator (for example) before importing it into the Firebird graphic editor.

If any are familiar or have experience with it, would be nice to know.

Link

http://www.brailler.com/phoenix.htm

Best,

Lisa