[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] photography

fnugg at online.no fnugg at online.no
Tue Oct 23 06:34:43 UTC 2012

Korematsu Included in Sculpture of Noted Humanitarians

A special feature for the visually impaired will allow visitors to
explore life-sized bronze busts of each humanitarian, and will include
information in Braille. The National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis,
Tenn., will permanently display a small-scale casting of the educational
monument in their museum.

http://rafu.com/news/2011/09/korematsu-included-in-sculpture-of-noted-humanitarians/

Photography workshop for the blind and visually impaired
Sharing a group portrait of the last generation of blind and visually
impaired photographers who attended the Sight of Emotion
<http://www.sightofemotion.org/> photography workshop.

I had the opportunity of joining this workshop and to see the capacity
of the students to break the mental barrier that prevented them from
making pictures. They are full of ideas and I have learned to perceive
light with other senses apart from sight, which is fascinating. The next
project I'm working on is to renew and organize their picture archive,
sharing with them my experience with several photo agencies. In the
future I'll share in this blog their impressive stock archive.

For those who have not seen it yet, I want to share an audio-slide show
I made earlier this year about this workshop. To see the story enter
this link: http://www.chicosanchez.com/thesightwithin/

http://chicosanchezphotos.blogspot.no/2011/08/photography-workshop-for-blind-and.html

http://www.sightofemotion.org/

Program teaches blind to learn photography
Founded five years ago, the foundation teaches the blind and visuallt
impaired to use their other senses to choose subjects, create images and
express in photographs how they perceive the world.

A group of 30 visually impaired or blind people are learning photography
with the help of the Mexico City foundation called Eyes That Feel.

Founded five years ago, the foundation teaches the blind and visuallt
impaired to use their other senses to choose subjects, create images and
express in photographs how they perceive the world.

For example, the students are taught to photograph the sounds they hear
or the smells they sense.
The students are also taught to use the warmth of the sun to know where
to place themselves to photograph their subject.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haber&ArticleID=79522

Mexico City blind photographer share their world
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20110926/lt-mexico-blind-photographers>

MEXICO CITY --- Rodrigo Telon Yucute focuses on the sound of the voices,
raises a camera and snaps off a shot, capturing an image of a couple
laughing as they sit on a yellow park bench.

He shows it to the subjects, but cannot see it himself. The
photographer-in-training has been blind for nearly 30 years.

"When I was young, I met a lot of people and it always caught my
attention how they would take photographs to keep as mementos," Telon
said. "I like to take photographs to capture a moment that I can later
share with my family and friends so they can see what my life is like."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20110926/lt-mexico-blind-photographers/