[Artbeyondsightmuseums] Touch and Verbal Description Tours at the Mount Vernon Hotel Museum

Deborah O'Neill d.oneill at mvhm.org
Fri Dec 5 20:37:14 UTC 2008

The Mount Vernon Hotel Museum is pleased to offered Touch Collection
and Verbal Description Tours of its eight beautifully furnished period
rooms.  We would like to know if this information can be posted on
your events page or  if you could please give us listing under museum
offerings.

The Mount Vernon Hotel Museum is a historic house located on East 61
Street in Manhattan that has programs for visitors of all ages.  The
museum transports visitors back to the time when our 1799 building was
the Mount Vernon Hotel.  Objects from the Museum handling collection
will be available for children to explore when the hotel was a country
retreat and most New Yorkers lived south of 14th Street.  The museum
features 8 period rooms furnished with beautiful artifacts from the
early 1800s.  Using sighted guided techniques, our staff and docents
will lead your clients on an exploration of life long ago through an
examination of our touch collection objects and a detailed verbal
description of our lovely furnishings.

For more information, call 212 838-6878, ext. 26.  To learn more about
the museum, please visit our website at www.mvhm.org.

Thank you!

Deborah O'Neill
Director of Education