[Artbeyondsightmuseums] Term - relief vs tactile

Lisa Yayla Lisa.Yayla at statped.no
Fri Jan 20 15:08:07 UTC 2012

Hi Nanette,

Liked "tactiles" too.

Thanks,

Lisa

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: artbeyondsightmuseums-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:artbeyondsightmuseums-bounces at nfbnet.org] På vegne av Nanartsy at aol.com
Sendt: 20. januar 2012 15:45
Til: artbeyondsightmuseums at nfbnet.org
Emne: Re: [Artbeyondsightmuseums] Term - relief vs tactile

We've always employed the simple term "tactiles".  It covers  everything for us: 3-D artwork that can be touched or explored with "guided  touch"; artwork with 3-D aspects that we create as illustrations for similar  museum or gallery artwork; or simple devices that we use (pieces of cloth,  objects similar in texture, etc.) to illustrate aspects of  particular  art pieces.

Nanette Anslinger, Co-cordinator
View Via Headphones' Audio Description Services Sight Loss Support Group of Central PA, Inc.