[Artbeyondsightmuseums] Science Museum Access Revisited

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 17 16:28:08 UTC 2014

I visited my state's science museum the other day, and the visit gave me a lot to think about in terms of accessibility. Much like art museums, there were some displays behind glass, which my friend read off as best they could.

Unlike at art museums, there were also a good number of screen displays. Some of these were static, and others were more dynamic.

I have a number of ideas on how thi8s science museum could improve access, but I feel the issue is so complex that I could benefit from others' knowledge on this subject.

Does anyone know who I could contact to discuss this subject? Does anyone know if there is a think tank somewhere addressing science museum access by blind visitors? If there is a think tank out there, I'd love to be a part of it. Thanks.