[Artists-making-art] arts or crafts new member

Laurie Porter free.spirit1 at live.com
Fri Feb 7 00:26:59 UTC 2014

Hi Folks:

I’d like to introduce myself. I’m a blind person from wisconsin who is a fledgling and budding beginner artist. my medium is beadwork. I make pictures and tapestries out of tiny little seed beads  sewn together with thread. but most of my work is in making jewlry, but I have always looked upon my beadwork as an art form.

so, I have a basic question. What is the difference between an art and a craft? I do believe that all crafts are forms of art  but are all arts considered crafts? Thanks linda and all of you for getting this list going as it is something I’ve always dreamed of seeing in our efforts to bring blind people together who love to both create and appreciate the visual arts.