[Artists-making-art] Polymer Clay Figurines

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 18:14:10 UTC 2014

Dear all,
I  have excitedly started making animal figurines (teddy bears,
elephants, pandas, and a few others so far) out of polymer clay. I was
wondering if anyone else on this list uses this medium and what
techniques they have used for mixing colors, identifying colors, and
creating figurines and sculptures out of polymer clay. Currently, I am
using Sculpey 3, but will be switching to Primo soon, as well as
mixing Primo with Sculpey 3. I also have a few figurines and miniature
boxes that will soon be up on Etsy.com. My shop name is Tactiley
Beautiful. I plan on doing Brailled items, and have already made one
set of tactile dice, which were made in black with red dots for high
contrast for my boyfriend. I  will be advertising that and allowing
people to choose their own colors that will work best with their low
vision or color favorites. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated,
and I'll keep you all updated.
~Jewel