[Artists-making-art] In the NEWS today!

Patricia C. Estes pece03 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 00:28:05 UTC 2014

Hi Linda,
Patty Estes in Maine here.
I am working with a woman from the Iris Center for the Blind to help to make our state museum and a couple of our more famous art museums (Portland Art Museum and the Farnsworth Museum with the Wyeth Center) accessible to the blind through audio description. We are just starting and I am wondering if you could point me to a process or standard that is used successfully.
Also, we have had an art exhibit by disabled people, but I am wondering if an art exhibit by blind artists needs/should/would be expected to be all tactile entries? Were there any visual pieces with description at the event you just participated in?

This is so wonderful-thank you for opening doors for the rest  of us!

Patty Estes