[Artists-making-art] Hello

Lynda Lambert via Artists-making-art artists-making-art at nfbnet.org
Tue Jun 3 10:39:25 UTC 2014

Nice to meet you Dewald!
I am a visual artist and writer who lost my sight 6 years ago, too. I was
faced with the same dilemma as you on how to keep on going with my art after
the shift in direction.
I have a FB page where I post information about my art, exhibitions, and
photos. I just uploaded a new group of photos yesterday from a two-person
exhibition I organized with another artist who is legally blind. My own
sight loss is much more profound that the other artist. She paints, and i do
pottery and fiber arts, so we decided to do a show that would focus on how
we make art. It is called "Vision and Revision: Two Artists with Loss of
Sight, not Loss of Vision."

You can find it on Face Book at:
"River Road Studio" Here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/River-Road-Studio/175785105811956

And, I have a website. On that site you can find my blog. Just click on it
once you get to my home page. It is called "Walking by Inner Vision." On the
blog I discuss art and literature and information on sight loss and the
arts.

I also wanted to say my granddaughter has gone to South Africa for the past
two winters, in January. She will be going again next year. She works at a
camp for children there, when she is on her winter break from college, and
she feels like she has found her home-away-from-home - she is so in love
with the children and the country.

Lynda Lambert