[AutonomousVehicles] drivers licenses for people who are blind

Cornelius Butler corn at butlernewmedia.com
Sun Jul 14 11:05:41 UTC 2019

Hi Everyone,
I am a member of the Autonomous Vehicles Committee and look forward to
getting to know all of you. I'd love to get some discussion going on what
everyone's thoughts are on driver's licenses for people who are blind as
self-driving cars become more prevalent. What does the process of obtaining
a license look like and has there been and discussion in your states or at
the Federal level on this?

I'm low vision myself (RP) and I am excited about what these vehicles will
be able to do as it relates not only giving blind/low vision people
independence but also help society as a whole.

I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Cornelius

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>