[AutonomousVehicles] [AutonomousVeh Introduction

pmdonahue2 at gmail.com pmdonahue2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:58:03 UTC 2022

Hello Angela and everyone,

                In the interest of time I’ll send you the WAYMO URL so they can learn about Waymo for themselves. Here it is.

Waymo URL: http://www.waymo.com

                Waymo One is theiride hailing service. Waymo Via is their freight halling service. Yup they also operate autonomous trucks too.

                All the best with talking to your elected officials on Monday. Just one thing. Don’t buy the line that if they do it for you they’ll need to do it for everybody else. How often have we heard that garbage? When we hear that junk we reply with something like, “Exactly. Blind people aren’’t the only ones with transportation issues. If you do it for us the whole community will benefit.”

                The idea that all benefit from products and services created for the blind was hit upon by several presenters during the national convention. Having reliable transportation that a municipality would not have to subsidize is a win-win for everyone. All the best.

Peter Donahue