[AutonomousVehicles] Cruise

pmdonahue2 at gmail.com pmdonahue2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 19:51:00 UTC 2022

Good afternoon everyone,

                Please find below the URL for Cruise another driverless ride
hailing service.

This service was specifically mentioned by President Riccobono during his
presidential report last Friday. They have partnered with the NFB to make
their products and services usable by the blind. Like Waymo they currently
operate in San Francisco. Several of their vehicles have names. Poppy is one
of them.

                It's great to learn how autonomous ride services work. Like
Waymo Cruise also has a package delivery service although I don't believe it
works the same way as Waymo Via does.

                After observing my wife Mary struggle with getting rides
home in the afternoon on paratransit and being unable to find anyone willing
to let her carpool with her  and being able to find reliable transportation
to and from church our minds are open wide to using driverless
transportation especially if it would eventually relieve us of the hassles
of conventional transportation services and issues.

Peter Donahue