[AutonomousVehicles] nine key leaders fired at cruise

Cornelius Butler corn at butlernewmedia.com
Thu Dec 14 10:25:19 UTC 2023

Hi Everyone,
There was a brief blog post on the Verge Blog which I'm pasting below with
a link.  There is a major leadership shakeup at Cruise. Nine Key leaders
are being let go.

RICHARD LAWLER
DEC 13
Cruise AV confirms nine leaders dismissed as its safety investigation
continues.Reuters reports GM-backed robotaxi startup Cruise told employees:
Following an initial analysis of the October 2 incident and Cruise’s
response to it, nine individuals departed Cruise... we believe that new
leadership is necessary to achieve these goals.

CEO Kyle Vogt already resigned, and now we know COO Gil West, policy
officer Jeff Bleich and government affairs SVP David Estrada are also out.

Cruise was "days away" from green lighting robotaxis without a steering
wheel in September. But after one of its cars struck and then dragged a
woman in October, things have gone downhill. Now the industry wants help
from Pete Buttigieg.

Post LInk:
https://www.theverge.com/2023/12/13/24000831/cruise-av-confirms-nine-leaders-dismissed-as-its-safety-investigation-continues