[Blind-Gov] [EXTERNAL] Re: National Association of Blind Government Employees Meeting

Getz, John H. John.Getz at va.gov
Tue Aug 29 12:20:48 UTC 2023

Good Morning.

I work on behalf of blind and VI Veterans and I can tell you there is a huge problem with accessible healthcare records for these Veterans. Not just their healthcare records, but also any administrative functions they may need to use, such as patient travel reimbursement, sevure messaging to their providers, etc. Veterans Affairs has known about and done very little over the past 28 years I’ve been an employee and continues to provide lip service to the public and quietly settle individually with both Veterans and VA employees.

I, along with a number of blind employees tried to sue the VA back around 2005, but for some reason both the NFB attorneys and those who looked at it from ACB declined to move forward, to my knowledge.

Kind Regards,

John

John H. Getz
Visual Impairment Service Team Coordinator
West Palm Beach VAHCS
7305 N. Military Tr.,
West Palm Beach FL  33410
(561) 422-8645
© 561.679.9186
George Eliot, “What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?”