[Blind-Gov] Section 508 Complaint Processing

Ronza Othman rothmanjd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 13:41:27 UTC 2023

The way the law is written, essentially federal agencies are supposed to follow procedures similar to the ones they apply for section 504. There needs to be intake, investigation, and adjudication which means a decision on whether or not section 508 was violated And what the agency is going to do about it if it was. If there was an exception or waiver, there needs to be an explanation of what that exception or waiver was, why it was granted, when it was granted, and when it will end . There also need to be rights given to explain that if the filer does not agree with the decision that they can now go to federal court because they have exhausted their administrative complaint requirements. It’s not super complicated if you take a look at the 504 regulations  or the requirements for investigation and adjudication that exists in section 504.

Ronza Othman, President
443-426-4110
Sent from my iPhone