[Blind-international-students] [Blind-international-students introduction

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 20:01:48 UTC 2010

Hina,
I am not sure that the "underserved populations," group will directly
help with people who are not in America. I am not sure, though.
Maybe Yasmin has been to their meetings.
I have not been to these meetings. There was always something that I
had to attend instead of that meeting.
I know that the committee would probably be willing to help
international students (after they come to America) but I am unsure
about before.

When we were in the intercultural exchange meeting,
we discussed sending things to other countries.
Someone had a way of sending things that bypassed lots of postage and
postal rules. But, I don't know who he was and how he did it.
Anmol, Can you remember?

I think that (if we don't incorporate into the Underserved population
group) we should start having conference calls.
That was a great idea and I think that it would help us to get some
projects off of the ground.

Any thoughts????
Jan

On 8/2/10, jan wright <jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Yasmin,
> That is an interesting thought.
> I know Ron and I am sure that he would be open to the idea.
> My only question is:
> Since "underserved,"   has a broader application than "international
> students," do you think that the international community will be ....
> .... last to receive support?
> Just a question.
> Honestly, I am not certain, but it doesn't seem that this group is
> getting much notice in the NFB, as it is.
> Anmol had some great ideas!
> We should not let them pass as ideas only.
> Jan
>

> On 8/2/10, hina altaf <hinaaltaf1983 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> what is the goal of that group yasmin? we can do it but i would like
>> to know more about that group first. and then you can send the email.
>> how is it going to help us in starting a project to help people in
>> under developed countries? thanks. hina.
>>
>> On 8/2/10, Reyazuddin, Yasmin <Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Hena, and all:
>>> I will suggest that we consider combining two groups into one and
>>> getting
>>> what we need. The cultural exchange group should join forces with the
>>> committee to empower underserved population.
>>> The goals are similar and then we will also have the support of the
>>> national
>>> office. I can start the process by sending an email to Ron Brown who is
>>> the
>>> president of Indiana.
>>> We have a meeting every year and can do more that way.
>>>
>>> Yasmin Reyazuddin
>>> Aging & Disability services
>>> Montgomery County Government
>>> Department of Health & human Services