[Blind-international-students] introducing myself and comments on your discussion

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Aug 10 08:01:21 UTC 2010

Carly,

If you want an organization with a "redistribution of power," then
that is the ACB.  After all, they s0plit off from the NFB, because
they didn't agree with the way things were being run.

The NFB sees itself as a national movement composed of local
parts.  We have always had strong national leadership and we get
things done.  Not everybody is comfortable with that -- they don't
have to join.  While I can't speak for ACB, I see them as a
collection of local organizations and divisions that come together
for mutual interest.  They have to position themselves differently
from us, otherwise no reason for being.

You should go where you feel most comfortable.

Dave

                         David Andrews:  dandrews at visi.com
Follow me on Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920