[Blind-international-students] HI

barbandzoe at comcast.net barbandzoe at comcast.net
Wed Aug 18 19:24:29 UTC 2010

Hi, Barb here again.  Sorry it took so long to get back to my first post, but I was in the middle of lunch and doing laundry.

I am from Minnesota USA, and I still live there.  I am 48 years old, so I am doing the ( midlife, I am so sick of where I am I need a change thing).  I have been an animal lover and have always wanted to work with them, so now is the time to start.

I am studying at Argosy University Twin Cities, I am in rolled in the Vet Tech program.  I hope to get some kind of degree so I can work and help animals.  As a low vision student I am finding it a little harder then I wanted it to, but also as someone who hasn't been in school in a wail it is also hard to get back in the groove.  I have trouble with the microscope stuff, but the school said they will help me with that.  Thank God!  I am also a very bad speller, and I have to learn how to spell all of the medical terms or they take points off my grade.  Ouch!!

I used to work at a hotel and quit the job to go back to school.  So I need to make something work out.

So that is a little of who I am, glad to meet you guys

Barb