[Blind-international-students] Inclusive planet: A New World for Visually Impaireds

surendra KUMAR GUPTA skg.dhanbad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 20:41:35 UTC 2010

Hi, this is a page where we talk about Inclusive Planet and what you
can do within it. here is a list of that

What is Inclusive Planet?

Sharing is Caring!

Fulfill Requests

Conversations

Friends

Profile

in a nutshell
What is Inclusive Planet?
Inclusive Planet enables persons with visual and print impairment to
share accessible content with each other, build conversations around
the experience and make friends amongst the global print impaired
community. It’s as simple as that. promise :)

Sharing is Caring! Even though a lot of important governmental and
non-governmental initiatives to make content accessible have been
taken, globally the amount of content which is accessible is still
less than 5%! Inclusive Planet looks at solving the problem of lack of
accessible content, by handing the power back to the community. If
persons with visual and print impairment share some of the relevant
accessible content which they have accumulated over the years and
connect with other people with similar needs, then we have a solution
like no other. Then we have a solution not just to the problem of
quantity of accessible content but also an answer to specific needs
across the world. Sharing is Caring!
Inclusive Planet has been built file by file, by the members who have
shared their collection of accessible content. We started from
scratch, and today our users have shared over fifteen thousand files.
>From books to class notes, journals to cooking tips, product reviews
to personal stories. Inclusive Planet is all about the small stuff,
but on a really large scale. Start contributing to the community by
sharing your personal collection. .

Fulfill Requests
Inclusive Planet is all about helping each other find accessible
content. You can request for content which you had been searching for
and if any of the members already have it in their collections, they
would go ahead and fulfill your requests.

Conversations
Sharing is only half the fun at Inclusive Planet; you can start or
join conversations around shared content. For example, Jose from
Brazil shares his law school research, and Lee Kyun from Korea wants
to know how to go about writing her graduation paper, then they have a
conversation around it and students worldwide can learn from their
discussion.

Friends
Inclusive Planet is more fun when you have friends over, you can check
if your friends are already here or make sure you get them here.
Moreover, Inclusive Planet is also a place to make new friends. Now,
if you share your personal collections, and are also part of the
conversations then you are bound to make friends in the process!

Profile
Creating a profile on Inclusive Planet is the first step towards
connecting to everyone.

in a nutshell
So now that you have an idea about what you can do on Inclusive
Planet, we also wanted to tell you that this is a live project. You
become a part of a remarkable little revolution that is trying to
bring together a community from the farthest of reaches to solve the
problems related to accessible content. This then becomes your baby
and will be shaped by what you think and believe it should be. While
we will strive to provide the best platform from a technical
stand-point, YOU will be the engine that drives it.
This brings us to the end of the site tour, hope you enjoy your stay
on Inclusive Planet

Regards
--
Surendra Gupta

Cell No.: 0-9818974982

Skype ID: surendrathegreat24

A man without knowledge is like a beast in the field