[Blind-international-students] meeting

Causes for Change International (CCI) Info at CausesforChange.org
Tue Nov 30 21:00:52 UTC 2010

Thank you Hina,
We received a message from a potential donor
>From Oregon who had a brailler and was prepared
to send it to Ecuador via Free Matter, unfortunately
She was stopped by being told that the service was not
International, that it was for US only.
I will be traveling to Ecuador from the 17th-30th
to make arrangements for our 2011 volunteer travel missions.
In February I will be meeting with government officials in
Costa Rica. Any ideas, suggestions for CCI in working together
Is welcomed.
Be well.
Zully

-----Original Message-----
From: blind-international-students-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:blind-international-students-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of hina
altaf
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:17 AM
To: Blind International Students Mailing List
Subject: [Blind-international-students] meeting

hi everyone,
Sorry we did not have meeting this week but since this is the holiday
season, i thought people might be busy but lets plan to meet this
sunday around 6 central time. if anyone who is in other countries or
due to long distance can not participate, we can plan on meeting on
skype or any other cyber place. few announcements, I am working on the
web site and I hope we will have something by this meeting. then we
will add that and our email address for anyone who is interested to
join. please suggest any projects you have in mind that you might be
interested through bin. also if anyone would like to change the time
or day of the meeting please let me know because we need more
participation to make this a successful project. yully, did you
recieve braille writer? i would also recommend you join sight exchange
mailing list and read matilda ziegler special notices each week
because that's where people give away books and other devices they no
longer need and you can send them to under developed countries. jan
did you contact the US postal service to see if the international mail
could be free to send equipment through nonproffit agencies?
hope everyone had great thanksgiving.
take care.
Hina.