[Blind-international-students] meeting minutes

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 10:25:43 UTC 2010

Hi All,
Here are meeting minutes for our last meeting.
october 3, 2010
The meeting came to order at 3:10 P.M. Eastern Standard time.
attendance:
Hina, Anmol, Imran, Julie, Zaby and Jan.
The first item of business was the name of the organization.
There were many suggestions.
A motion was made and  yunonnymously approved to accept the name of
"Blind International Network.
The goals were discussed, again and Hina and Jan were to get a copy to
officially read by the next meeting. Hina and Jan were also to put
together a simple mission statement for the group.
We will approve the goals and the mission statement in the next meeting.
We talked about publicizing the group. We discussed partnering with
Julie's organization, as well as other organizations with the same
goals. Networking will be a key component to our group's success.'
We encouraged the members to promote the list to others and even those
in other organizations.

We discussed moving the meeting time from 3:00 to 5:00 or 6:00.
The meeting would still be on the same day. Many of the members
wondered if a later time would yield more participants. We appreciate
any input from the list.
The next meeting date will be October 17, 2010, but the time will be
announced by the president.

The meeting was adjourned at 3:48 P.M.
Respectfully submitted,
Jan Wright