[Blind-international-students] meeting minutes

Anmol Bhatia anmolpbhatia at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 19:51:27 UTC 2010

Jan I agree with you, but. This is why we need to define what is low vision. Someone who can drive and read regular print does need our services, but what about those read large print or can read regular print with corrective measures such as glasses? I think that those who are totally blind or those who read braille and need cane or a dog to get around need our services first because those are the people who have it the hardest and then those who have low enough vision to read large print and need glasses to carry out everyday tasks. The ironic thing is that in my country there would be alot more people who would be considered legally blind if they used the same standard as they used in this country and alot more people would be attending blind schools. This is just my oppinion and it is off topic, but most people who attend blind school do not really have a vision problem enough to alter their lives and could make it in regular public schools, but
 attend blind schools because it is easy. But this is best left for another discussion.
Anmol
I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.
Hellen Keller