[Blind-international-students] possible name selections

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 15:54:35 UTC 2010

I don't know. Our name could still reflect our members and our purpose.
So our members: All (or most) are blind. If they are not blind, then
they have strong ties or an affinity for working with the blind.
And, our members either live in, come from or are strongly interested
in other countries other than the USA.
So, they could be blind international students,
a friend of a blind international student,
someone who is blind, but is not living in the USA (Maybe they would
like to or maybe they have in the past),
someone who is interested in international  affairs as they relate to
blind people -- or someone who is concerned about the blind in other
countries.

We have talked about our goals:
1. to serve as a resource and a social connection to those
international blind students who come to the USA for study or work.
2. to provide outreach and/or equipment/etc for those blind people in
other countries.
3. to organize projects that will assist blind individuals who have
recently come to the USA, as well as blind individuals who live in
other countries.
4. to develop an international database of organizations and agencies
that  are helpful or that serve the blind.

Hina, did I leave anything out?

So, we want to emphasize that we are (largely) a group of internationals.
We care about international subjects as they relate to the blind and
will work to effect those blind people in other countries.
We want to be a social network and resource for those international
blind people who come to the USA. To this regard, we want to act as
"mentors."

Jan