[Blind-international-students] Fwd: Information regarding contacting employers of V I persons in hotels in the U S.

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Tue Aug 9 12:24:24 UTC 2011

Hi All,
Payal has brought up some great ideas. The Hotel industry has customer
service center or reservation centers. Blind people are working here in
the US by getting specialized training in customer service.
The National Statler Center for Careers in Hospitality service has some
of these trainings. Their website is www.statlercenter.org.
The center is in New York and the training is 6 weeks long. It is good
to know Braille and some computer with screen reader. It will depend on
what kind of software the hotel industry is using for reservations and
ensuring that the software could be made accessible.
I know that there is lot of technical language but Payal, you can tell
the best.
I hope you join this mailing list and we could share ideas. I am from
India, and lived in the US for 20 years.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Aging & Disability Services
Montgomery County Government
Department of Health & Human Services
401 Hungerford Drive (3rd floor)
Rockville MD 20850
240-777-0311 (MC311)
240-777-1556 (personal)
240-777-1495 (fax)
office hours 8:30 am 5:00 pm
Languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Braille

This message may contain protected health information or other
information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy
any copies of this material.

Thank you.