[Blind-international-students] NFB convention 2012 in Dallas

Anmol Bhatia anmolpbhatia at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 15:27:44 UTC 2012

Hello,
Its almost convention time and I am super excited. I would like to meet as many of my fellow international students and friends and Americans who are interested in meeting blind international people in Dallas. Last time I attended the convention in 2010, there was a International Exchange Committee which met on Monday afternoon. Unfortunately I do not see this type of meeting on the agenda this year, so I would like to organize some sort of a get together perhaps at the hotel perhaps somewhere outside of the hotel. One idea I am thinking is that we can all go to an Indian restaurant for lunch on Monday. Any thoughts? We can meet at the lobby or somewhere else at the hotel and take a cab to the restaurant. The Taj Indian Restaurant is not to far from the hotel and a cab ride would not be that expensive if we all shared the cost. Let me know what everyone thinks.

thanks
Anmol
I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.
Hellen Keller