[Blind-international-students] Braille codes for italics?

Adina Joyce Mulliken amullike at syr.edu
Wed May 9 21:34:40 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I hope this question is okay for this listserv.  I'm a librarian working on translating a guide to APA style (for how to format a reference list) into Braille.  In the reference list, the journal titles are supposed to be italicized.  What symbol would you use for that in Braille?   I don't know Braille but I know there are some differences in different countries, so I'm interested to know if there are different answers.  Thank you!

Adina Mulliken
Subject Librarian for Social Work, Disability Studies, CFS, MFT, Aging
Library Disability Services
Bird Library