[Blind-international-students] Im not blind I just can't see

zabee blindzabee at gmail.com
Sun May 13 19:36:05 UTC 2012

Helping Blind People a Nonprofit Organization By Blind Zabeehulllah

Im Not Blind I Just Can't See.

Assalaam Alaikum wrwb.  My name is Zabeehullah Faiz, I am 22 years of age.  I have been blind since the age of ten.  As the founder and president of Helping Blind People (HBP) organization, I am delighted to announce that HBP has come to fruition.  The Idea of the organization existed in my mind for a few years, but had to wait until we were ready to launch the organization.  Now is a crucial time to reach out to those who need this help the most, so we begin.  Being blind, I have faced many challenges.  Yet, I felt the need to be persistent to move on and use my talent and abilities to succeed and help the less fortunate blind individuals in the poorest areas living in harsh living conditions.

 A very personal incident recently prompted me to start the organization.  While in Pakistan, I was touched and shocked to meet a blind man that had to choose between acquiring knowledge and beg to provide food and shelter for his family.  He begged and received roughly $7 per day, but people would steal what he had and he would go home with about a dollar and change if he was lucky.  I knew then that having been nurtured in a family that could afford to take good care of me.  It made a huge difference in my life.  My goal now is to reach out to the under privileged blind people that don't have the option of seeing what is on the other side of the tracks.  To reach out and lift them up by helping them with tools that will help build their self-worth and self-esteem, so they can have the tools that will allow them to do much more than begging and/or caged at their homes.  They just need an institution or an organization to help them.  Insha'Allah, HBP will support them with your help.

Join me in support and together, we can do so much for the blind community and give them 'a hand up' and not 'a hand out'.  While 'hand out's' are common and can almost not be avoided as they need to exist in many situations, our mission is to work hard and support the blind community by giving them the tools and education to take care of themselves.   While this may seem like a simple task with pre-existing help in most of the Western World, there is still much needed help in many communities both in the West but more so in the third world countries.  Where, children have to decide between going to school and going to beg for money to help support their families. In some cases schools cannot accommodate the blind or they just do not even exist!

                Helping Blind People Organization's goal is to open institutions and help the blind individuals in Pakistan to start.  And also the Helping Blind People Organization wants to provide food, health, education and a place to live.

                We hope that you will open up your hearts and give to this organization for these very deserving people who are in need of our support.

                                If you need more information please visit my website at www.helpingblindpeople.org and also you can contact Blind Zabeehullah at 832-858-4127  or send email blindzabee at gmail.com

                Sincerely Zabeehullah the president of H.B.P