[Blind-international-students] Accessible Interface to YouTube

Mostafa Al'mahdy mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Fri May 3 16:33:13 UTC 2013

Hello. As all we know, since February  2005, billions of people commenced to discover, watch, comment, and share videos on Youtube. It provides a wide range of subjects. After Youtube was launched, your internet was never the same anymore. In spite of what your interest is, you will always find something to watch on Youtube. I personally use it on a regular basis, almost daily. But, how accessible it is from a screen reader perspective?
   Could you use the screen reader standard quick navigation keys on the traditional Youtube website?
  Well, perhaps you could use them partially. But it's a bit awkward to use them independently.
  The carefully designed new Youtube accessible interface caters to competently provide a total compatibility view, and a significant usability of the popular video streaming site.
The Youtube public demand became extremely important. Well unfortunately, if you use the typical Youtube website with Jaws for instance, you will mostly be promted by textually unlabeled, and alternatively graphical links. Thus, the typical Youtube website increasingly becomes screen reading standards ununcongenial.
I want you to spend some time examining the link in the section below.
It's a recently designed interface for Youtube, that positively substitutes the traditional Youtube page, with a more user friendly and a simplified layout for efficient navigations. It still a preliminary  edition. Therefore, all  your feedbacks are distinctly appreciated. You can conveniently access, look for, watch and control a video independently. The interface contains a genuinely accessible search edit field, in which you can type in your search criteria, and subsequently, you will instantly be denoted by top ten results for the search term you just specified.
  You can easily play, pause, stop, skip forward and backward using your regular screen reader commands for that regard.
Well unfortunately, you can't upload or share a video using this interface at the moment. It's coming up shortly, so watch out for that. I also would like to see a feature on this interface that allows you to convert the video online into mp3, and then, it gives you the option to download the audio transcript of that video. That would be absolutely brilliant.
http://tube.majestyc.net/