[Blind-international-students] The legislative advocacy for the blind in Egypt.

Mostafa Al'mahdy mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Thu May 23 05:17:29 UTC 2013

    Greetings. On today's post, I'm willing to get a glance at the subject of the legislative advocacy for the blind in Egypt. At its inception, we know that blind people around the world are gravely confronted with major key obstacles and challenges, that makes the equated employment opportunity is a bit of asperity. For certain, this ranges from a country to another, depending on how significant it is the legislative advocacy for the blind in that particular territory.
It's unlikely to believe that people would disapprove blind people from working, because they don't have enough faith in them.
  Well, that in my humble opinion, is rationally unconvincing.
The vast majority of those who surround me, are emphatically believeing in my capabilities. They don't treat me as visually impaired what so ever. Well infact, they may even ask me to get some tasks done, they incredibly rely on me for that regard. I believe that absolutely holds true for most of you. That's not to be amazed of.
It's perfectly factual that blind people are self-reliance, as long as they were taught properly how to do a certain task.
So, what actually discourages most of employers to approve recruiting blind applicants.
Fundamentally, it's an essential civil right in any society to have equated employment opportunities for all different segments of your community, regardless of the religion, ethnicity, gender, or your special circumstances, which they often describe  inaccurately  as, disability.
For me, this is a sternly derogatory term, and it's highly recommended to be refrained from being used, and in particular, in such a supposedly professional context, in the so called contemporary era. It's quite discriminatory and intently embarrassing in the twenty first century.
People have developed various technological advancements in different fields. But it seems, that we still can't evolve our mentality towards certain minorities. Whether they were of a religious minority, ethnical minority, or even a people who live with special circumstances. They are supposed to have their own legislations to guarantee their civil rights, if the society decided to just push them aside.
So, how do we assess the legislative conditions for the blind in Egypt?
Well, to be quite frank, it's not that good. Yes, Egypt is already struggling with a political turmoil. But it's not the major barrier from persistently proceeding  to genuinely implement the social justice and equality that we were all chanting for, at the revolution period back then in the streets. We desperately demand to optimally move forward towards constituting a substantially recognizable legislative principles in the domestically statutory sectors.
I hope we see a competent legislative personnel in the new parliament for that matter. We don't need further mendicants or charitable associeations. We rather demand to have a sufficient proponent, a critically effective legislature. We demand to amend a legal statute that recognizes blind people as eligibly active members of the society. And not just as excessively idle consumers. It's timely now for them to serve as genuine contributers. I hope to hear from our felows in another countries, who potentially have had the similar legislative experience and challenges.
Yours sincerely, Mostafa.